DIY: Colored Lip Balm
Like any women, we often need just a dash of color in the afternoon, but who wants to slather chemicals all over their lips? Not us! That’s why we created this super fun and easy (don’t let the words double boiler scare you) DIY project for colored lip balm – chic, classic and 100% natural!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pearls
- 1 tablespoon mango butter
- 2 tablespoons apricot oil
- 15+ drops peppermint essential oil
- optional: a few drops of all natural dye or pigment
Here’s what you do:
- Melt beeswax, mango butter, & apricot oil together in a double boiler
- Stir continuously with a whisk until completely liquefied
- Remove from heat, and whisk in essential oils. This would also be the time to whisk in a natural dye or pigment; the closer it is to a solid, the easier the color is to work in.
- Using a funnel, divide & pour the mixture in any container you choose (old mini Altoid containers work perfectly)
- Let the balm cool completely until solid (20-30 min)