There is nothing more simple, perfect and satisfying than a great salad. If you are what you eat, then this delicious blend of home-grown goodness will make you glow inside and out! Here’s our favorite recipe for lunch, dinner, and anytime in between:
- Ovation Greens – We love a salad with different varieties of lettuce and this one has a nice, spicy kick that includes mustards, arugula and kale.
- Red Cabbage – These are great to grow, and the larger leaves are perfect for appetizers!
- Lemon Cucumbers – Sweet and tender, resembling a lemon in appearance, these cucumbers are great for salads and pickling, plus they are never bitter.
- Hakurei Turnips – We learned about these on a tour of Stone Barn Farms; they are sweet and fruity, and perfect to eat raw!
- Nasturtium Blossoms – They look beautiful both in the garden and on your plate – they are also high in Vitamins A, C, and D.
- Calendula Flowers – We obviously love using calendula in our products but these are more than just medicinal – these flowers are used for decoration in salads and entrees and can be used as a replacement for saffron!
Place the washed and dried lettuce on a large serving plate, then top with chopped and sliced veggies and stemmed flowers. Enjoy and be well!