What I’m Celebrating This Season
When I decided to start this company, it was to provide a natural “eco-chic” alternative to conventional skin care products while empowering others to live a healthier lifestyle. I’m so blessed as the products are now being carried in major retailers, with more signing up every week.
To hear people tell us that they see Indie Lee products everywhere is nothing less than a dream come true. I mean, it doesn’t get more surreal than seeing your name in a Saks 5th Ave window less than seven years after being diagnosed with a brain tumor (if you aren’t familiar with my story, you can read more about that here).
For me though, it’s not just about putting products on a shelf, it’s creating a legacy of change. So, for the past few months I’ve been traveling from the east to the west coast (and what feels like everywhere in between) to share my passion and connect with as many of you as possible.
Spending time with both old and new friends away from my desk has really put things into perspective. It has allowed me to genuinely reflect on just how lucky I am. I’m truly grateful to everyone who came to meet me. The connections that I’ve made on these trips and the stories you’ve shared with me continue to inspire me, and I am humbled by each and every one of these experiences.
Now that I’m officially home for the holidays, I have a second to step back and take a moment to appreciate all that I have in my life. I thought it would be fitting to share a few things I’m celebrating in particular this season:
- Wifi on airplanes. I know it sounds silly and trivial, but wow was I able to get things done from 30,000 feet.
- The love of friends + family. I always say, “it takes a village” and I live in the best damn village. A special shout out to my kids, who continue to be my greatest cheerleaders, even when it means time away from home (thank goodness for Facetime – ok so maybe I should add that I’m thankful for Steve Jobs too).
- The opportunity to create change and help others live the healthiest lives imaginable.
- The privilege of working with the team that I have. Seriously couldn’t do it without each of you.
- Being able to relax and reset on a Sunday morning in my pj’s with my kids and pups.
Oh yeah, and I’m also grateful for a smooth, single-malt scotch Wishing you the happiest of holidays. Cheers!