Today we honor Beeswax for its incredible versatility. This colorless liquid is full of nutrients that benefit your skin, and it is completely nontoxic! Here are some fast facts about the very practical beeswax.
- Beeswax has been used since the beginning of civilization. It has been found in pharaoh’s tombs, sunken Viking ships, and Roman ruins.
- Beeswax never goes bad, in fact it has been recovered from ancient ship wrecks and when heated up, is still usable.
- A controlled German study found that creams that include beeswax are more effective than commercial products that use petroleum jelly (German Journal der Deutschen Dermatologischen Gesellschaft)
- Despite some rumors, beeswax does not clog pores – making it suitable for oily skin.
- Provides protection against irritants while still allowing the skin to breathe.
- It can act as an emollient and a humectant, adding moisture to your skin and sealing it in.
- It contains a delicious sweet honey scent, which can stimulate a calm and relaxing feeling.