A Rose is a Rose…
No surprise here: Valentine’s Day (along with Mother’s Day) is the number one holiday to buy everyones favorite flower: the rose. Here are a few quick facts we dug up in honor of the upcoming holiday!
- Rose essential oil can be used in aromatherapy to invoke positive thoughts, feelings of joy, happiness & love.
- St. Dominic believed that the Virgin Mary visited him and gave him the first rosary, made with rose scented beads.
- The rose has been seen as a symbol of femininity and love.
- Roses can help strengthen gums, hair roots, tone skin.
- There have been links that it helps with asthma and headaches.
- Shakespeare refers to roses in his writing more than 50 times.
- Drinking rose hip tea helps remove and neutralize toxins from the blood and is perfect to start a cleanse and detoxify the body.
- June is national rose month.
- Nickname: “Queen of the Flowers”.
- The rose is 85% of Americans favorite flower.
- Other than being the first US President, George Washington was the first rose breeder.
- According to Roman mythology, after getting stung by a bee, Cupid accidentally shot arrows into a rose garden, and the “sting” of the arrows caused the roses to grow thorns. While walking through the garden, his mother, Venus, stepped on a thorn and her blood caused the rose’s red coloring.