THE PERFECT DIY FOR SUMMER BEACH HAIR
Summer beach hairstyles are all about looking undone and effortless – which happens to be my favorite look!
That’s why I was ecstatic when Byrdie.com taught me how to create the perfect, bended beachy waves using just a straightener. It’s seriously the best summer hair tutorial a girl could ask for…and it’s easy and actually works!
After bending my hair with the straightener, I apply my own Sea Salt Beach Spray recipe to break up the pieces for a more tousled look. It’s simply a bit sexier that way. Some companies sell sea salt spray that costs as much as $30 and many of these bottled brands contain too much salt and alcohol, which end up drying out your hair.
Save money and time by trying my simple DIY.
INDIE LEE’S SEA SALT BEACH SPRAY
- 8 fl oz spray bottle (you can find one at your local grocery store)
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsp sea salt (you can add more salt for oilier hair)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 dollop aloe vera gel
- Chamomile for bringing out natural highlights in blonde colored hair
- Rosemary for boosting richness in dark colored hair
- Tea tree oil for oily hair types
And voila – you have the perfect accessory for your summer beach waves!