Calm & Cool Off Skin with Cucumber
Happy (almost) Labor Day weekend! Before I bid summer adieu, I’ll certainly be spending one last weekend of fun in the sun. It’s only right!
My trusty partner-in-crime for this weekend? Cucumbers. Here are a few reasons to share in the cuke love before summer turns to fall:
- Like watermelon, they’re made up of mostly water so they’ll help keep you hydrated on a hot day.
- Even though they are mostly water, they’re also packed with tons of vitamins – like Vitamin A, B, C, potassium, iron and calcium.
- Adding sliced cucumbers to ice water provides a refreshing alternative to soda, without the bloat caused from extra sodium and sugar. Sipping on this can help guarantee you get your eight daily glasses.
- Cucumber water is a natural diuretic. Drinking a glass a day fights against water retention, which can help bring out your best bikini bod so you can end summer on a bang!
- The silica and antioxidants found in this veggie can keep your skin stay clear and supple. Applying few slices on your face (like the under eye area) can help reduce puffiness. Cucumber extract (found in our CoQ-10 Toner) is also a great form of the cucumber to use topically. It helps calm skin and reduce redness for a bright and refreshed appearance.
- If you’re feeling low come mid-afternoon, the vitamin B & healthy carbohydrates found in cucumbers can boost your energy up the same way your coffee or soda can.
What’s not to love?