As we transition into cozier fall days at home, it's the perfect time for a home refresh. Here are 5 ideas to help you bring a little of the cleaner life to your home.
- Switch to non-toxic disinfectants, cleaning supplies and laundry detergents. Personally, I love Branch Basics. Their formulas are fantastic, refills make it easy to stock up on and I’ve now switched the majority of my accessories (think glass spray bottles, wool dryer balls, etc) to their items as well. Did I mention they look super chic too. Their Starter kits take all the guess work out of it!
- Use organic cotton sheets and bedding. It's gentler on skin and better for the earth. My family loves Coyuchi they are a conscious luxury home line with the most beautiful linens for the home.
- When's the last time you bought new socks and undies? Start switching out your base layers for natural fibers as well. Check out Q for Quinn for beautiful base layer options that are good for you and kind to the planet.
- Open windows for fresh air. Invite crisp fall breezes inside to air out your home naturally, reducing stale indoor air. Incorporate more houseplants. Houseplants like aloe or snake plants filter indoor air of toxins. Place them in busy rooms to purify.
- Stock up on some reusable and silicone storage. One of my besties turned me on to Food Huggers and now I don’t know how I’ve gotten by without them (OK that may be a little dramatic). Their products are BPA Free and Dishwasher safe with a mission to offer customers solutions that make sustainable habits easy and fun to do without giving up convenience or style. Did I mention that Women Owned? Sign me up.
With a few easy swaps, you can feel good about the products you use at home. This season, maintain a clean, refreshed space the natural way. With small steps, you can reduce your chemical use and environmental impact. A cleaner conscience and home await!
Let the crisp fall air motivate you to clean green.